Beet, Cucumber and Gorgonzola Salad
- 1 pound beets, trimmed
- 8 ounces spring mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup honey dijon peppercorn salad dressing
- 1/4 pound to 1/3Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Wrap beets in foil; place on baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until beets are tender when pierced with a fork (about 1 hour); cool. Peel. slice and cut into julienne strips. In medium bowl, combine greens, onions and cucumber slices. Mound salad greens onto salad plates; arrange beets vertically around greens. Sprinkle with dressing; top with Gorgonzola.
Tip: Beets may be roasted up to 24 hours before assembling salad. Refrigerate, covered.