Beef Tenderloin with Madeira Sauce
Servings:*8 3 ounce servings
- 1/3 cup Japanese-style panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 beef tenderloin, 2-2 1/2 pound
- 1 can beef broth, 14 1/2 ounce
- 3/4 cup imported Madeira
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
A horseradish seasoned crust updates this elegant entree.
- In small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Press in a thin layer evenly over surface of tenderloin.
- To Roast: Arrange roast on rack in shallow pan. Insert meat thermometer in center of meat. Roast in a preheated 425 F oven to desired doneness (35-40 minutes total for rare, 135 F on meat thermometer; 42-50 minutes total for medium, 150 F on meat thermometer). Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Deglaze the pan with beef broth over medium high heat, scraping up the brown bits. Stir in Madeira; boil 5 minutes. In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Stir into Madeira mixture; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Arrange tenderloin on heated serving platter. Pour Madeira sauce into gravy boat.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.