Bananas Foster with Toasted Pound Cake
- 6-8 slices Byerly's pound cake, 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 cup plus tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 bananas, sliced diagonally, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 tablespoons cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Powdered Sugar
- whipped cream
The quintessential New Orleans dessert.
- In large saute pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place pound cake slices in pan; cook slices until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove cake from pan, cut each piece in half diagonally to form two triangles. Set aside. In same pan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Stir in brown sugar, pecans, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cook sugar mixture 3 minutes. Stir in bananas, cook until heated through (about 2 minutes). Add rum. Ignite using gas flame or long stemmed matches. When flames subside, stir in cream. Remove pan from heat.
- To Serve: On individual dessert plate, place 1 pound cake triangle. Top with banana mixture and small scoop vanilla ice cream. Top with second pound cake triangle; rotating points slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.