Apple-Stuffed Pork Loin with Applejack Sauce
This delicious dish is perfect for your next dinner party! The key to this recipe: Ask your butcher to prep the cut of meat ahead of time so it’s all ready to stuff and roll up. You can also do this step yourself if you want.
Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cored, diced Honeycrisp apple
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Petite Whole Grain Roll, cubed
- 2-pound boneless pork loin roast, butterflied and flattened into an approximately 8-inch wide x ¾-inch thick rectangle by butcher
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons applejack or apple juice
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apple, onion, celery, 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté until tender (8-10 minutes); transfer to bowl.
- In food processor, process bread cubes into coarse crumbs. Stir into apple mixture.
3. Unfold roast into rectangle; spread apple mixture over meat to within ¾ inch of lengthwise edges.
4. Roll jelly-roll fashion; place seam-side down on cutting board. Using kitchen twine, tie roast at 1-inch intervals.
5. Brush roast surface with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning. Arrange on rack in roasting pan.
6. Roast in 350 F oven until internal temperature reaches 155 F (50-60 minutes). Transfer roast to cutting board; allow to rest 10 minutes while making sauce.
7. Discard fat from baking pan. Deglaze pan with applejack or apple juice, scraping up browned bits; reduce to 2 tablespoons. Add chicken broth, apple juice and cream to pan. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat, stirring, until thickened (7-8 minutes).
8.Remove twine from roast; cut into 1-inch slices. Arrange on serving dish; drizzle with sauce.