4 years ago
Appetizer idea: Simple Spinach Dip
This easy dip comes together in about 20 minutes! Perfect for last-minute guests. Pairs well with Odell IPA.
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup (or more) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as possible with a clean dishtowel or paper towels.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Sauté shallot until soft, 3–5 minutes. Stir in paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, cream cheese, cream, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until warmed through and slightly reduced, 8–10 minutes; add more cream if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and broil in oven until browned and bubbly.
Serve with a sliced baguette.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious