Simple Spinach Dip
This easy dip comes together in about 20 minutes! Perfect for last-minute guests. Pairs well with Odell IPA.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 10-ounce package fresh spinach, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
½ teaspoon paprika
8 ounces cream cheese
¾ cup (or more) heavy cream
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the spinach until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately pour the spinach into a strainer and run cold water over the spinach until it is cooled.
- Press and squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as possible with a clean dish towel or paper towels. Roughly chop the spinach.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat. Sauté shallot until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, cream cheese, cream, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until warmed through and slightly reduced, 5 to 7 minutes; add more cream if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and broil in oven until browned and bubbly.
Serve with a sliced baguette.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious