Appetizer idea: Caramelized Shallot & Smoked Salmon Dip
This appetizer recipe from our FoodE Experts is one of our favorite party dips! Delicious served with flatbread, vegetables or crackers.
Makes 2 ¼ cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus several hours to chill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 (4-ounce) package Lunds & Byerlys Original Wild Alaskan King Salmon Wood-Fire Smoked, skin removed and chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Crackers, veggies or flatbread for dipping
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute.
- Add olive oil; swirl to coat.
- Sauté shallots 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook until shallots are soft and golden (2-3 minutes).
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Mix in sour cream, lemon juice, dill and capers until well blended.
- Fold in caramelized shallots, salmon and salt.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Serve garnished with fresh dill sprigs, along with your favorite crackers, veggies or flatbread for dipping.