Appetizer idea: Caramelized Shallot & Smoked Salmon Dip
appetizer recipe from our FoodE Experts is one of our favorite party dips!
Delicious served with flatbread, vegetables or crackers.
Makes 2 ¼ cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus several hours to chill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 (4-ounce) package Lunds & Byerlys Original Wild
Alaskan King Salmon Wood-Fire Smoked, skin removed and chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Crackers, veggies or flatbread for dipping
Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high
heat 1 minute.
Add olive oil; swirl to coat.
Sauté shallots 2 minutes, stirring
frequently. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook until shallots are soft
and golden (2-3 minutes).
In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese at
medium speed until smooth. Mix in sour cream, lemon juice, dill and capers
until well blended.
Fold in caramelized shallots, salmon
Refrigerate, covered, several hours
or overnight. Serve garnished with fresh dill sprigs, along with your favorite
crackers, veggies or flatbread for dipping.