Appetizer contest: 3 on-a-stick apps
Our talented FoodE Experts recently faced off in an epic recipe showdown. Their challenge: to create the tastiest, most unique appetizer on a stick using ingredients from our stores.
All the recipes were unique and tasty, but the final three were so good, we just had to share them here! Tip: All three of these appetizers pair well with Fulton Lonely Blonde.
By Paul Knirk, FoodE Expert at our 50th Street Edina store
Makes 20 skewers
- 2 Old Style Pub Beef Patties
- 10 Peppadew peppers, from our olive bar
- 8 ounces cheese curds
- Zinger Pickle Chips
- 1 package (4-inch) bamboo skewers
- 20 marinated garlic cloves, from our olive bar
- Lunds & Byerlys Smokehouse Cider Dressing
Heat grill to medium-high. Grill Pub Patties until internal temperature reaches 160 F. Cool in refrigerator.
Cut peppers in half. Count out 20 cheese curds, Zinger Pickle Chips and skewers. Cut cooled Pub Patties into 20 pieces.
Assemble skewers in the following order: Pub Patty, cheese curd, Zinger Pickle Chip, garlic clove and Peppadew half. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Greek Shrimp Salad on a Stick
By Denise LeClaire, FoodE Expert at our Plymouth store
Makes 12 skewers
- 12 (4 ½-inch) bamboo skewers
- 12 roasted tomato slices, from our olive bar
- 12 roasted garlic cloves, from our olive bar
- 12 Lunds & Byerlys Cooked Shrimp (from a 41-50 ct. bag), peeled & deveined
- 6 slices seedless cucumber, ¼-inch rounds, cut in half
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted, from our olive bar
- ¼ cup marinated feta cheese, crumbled, from our olive bar
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Classic Greek Salad Dressing
- Fresh lemon wedges
Fold one tomato slice in half and skewer; next, add one piece of garlic, one shrimp, one cucumber slice and a Kalamata olive. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Place on a platter. Top each skewer with a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese, drizzle with a little Greek salad dressing and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve.
Jambalaya on a Stick
By Ken Grogg, FoodE Expert at our Glen
Lake Minnetonka store
Makes 8 skewers
- 1 Lunds & Byerlys Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 4 balsamic cippolini onions, cut in half
- 4 Peppadew peppers, cut in half, from our olive bar
- ¼ tsp Lunds & Byerlys Smoked Applewood Sea Salt
- 8 Lunds & Byerlys Cooked Shrimp (from a 41-50 ct. bag), peeled & deveined
- 8 (4 ½-inch) bamboo skewers
- 4 ounces Boar’s Head Three Pepper Colby-Jack Cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces Boar’s Head Buffalo Chicken, cubed
- 8 jalapeno-stuffed olives, from our olive bar
- 1-2 tablespoons Boar’s Head Cajun Gourmaise
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped
Brown sausage in 350 F oven for 5-8 minutes, or in a sauté pan on stovetop. Let cool, then slice into 8 equal pieces. Cut onions and peppers in half. Sprinkle salt on shrimp.
Skewer in the following order on 4 ½-inch bamboo skewer: cheese, chicken, onion, shrimp, sausage, pepper and olive.
Drizzle Cajun Gourmaise on serving platter. Place skewers on platter and sprinkle with chopped green onion.