Alaskan Seafood Stew
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, or water
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Butter or Margarine
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup pink shrimp, (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup crabmeat, (about 5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound fresh cod, halibut, pollock, rockfish or sablefish, cut into
- In a saucepan, cover fish with mixture of water, wine, and thyme. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter or margarine; blend in flour and cook until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; heat one minute.
- Stir in fish, cooking liquid, shrimp, crab and pimiento; salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat, covered, 5 minutes; sprinkle with parsley.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.