5-Step Beef Stroganoff
- 1 bag egg noodles, cooked to package instructions
- 1 pound sirloin, trimmed and sliced thinly, about ¼ inch
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 22 ounces L&B Swedish Cream Sauce, (available in the deli)
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley for garnish
Season 1 pound sirloin steak with salt and pepper, and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Slice the steak into strips and sear on all sides until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes total, and transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, sauté 1 onion, 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme until the onions are translucent and the garlic is very fragrant, about another 5 minutes.
Pour in 22 ounces L&B Swedish Cream Sauce and ½ cup beef stock, and stir to combine.
Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the steak back to the skillet and simmer for another 3 minutes.
Serve over 1 bag of cooked egg noodles, and garnish with 1 tablespoon fresh parsley.