- 1 1/2 pound split chicken breasts with ribs, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- shredded colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- tortilla chips, crushed
Once chicken is cooked, canned beans and chiles mean quick-to-the-table preparation.
- In large saucepan, add chicken to boiling salted water (3 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt). Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear (20-25 minutes). Remove chicken from bones; cut into 1-inch pieces. Heat oil in Dutch oven; saute garlic and onion over medium heat until onion is tendeer (4-5 minutes). Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients except cheese and tortilla chips; heat through. Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.