- In nonstick sauté pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, add greens, tamari and lemon juice. Toss with tongs until greens are wilted, about 1 minute. Do not overcook. Set aside in pan to keep warm.
- In non-stick sauté pan, heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle 1 ½ tablespoons of finely ground walnuts in center of pan, crack egg on top of walnuts, sprinkle remaining walnuts on top of egg. Cook until whites are firm, about 1 minute. Carefully flip egg being careful to not break the yolk. Cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place greens on plate, top with walnut crusted egg.
- Calories: 290 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 175mg Sodium: 400mg Carbohydrate: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 0g Protein: 11g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional toppings: finely diced fresh tomatoes