- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 5 foil baby loaf pans, (5 3/4x3 1/4x2)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Perfect for gift giving.
- In large mixer bowl, cream sugar, eggs and margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in poppy seed, 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with milk only until thoroughly combined. Pour into well-greased pans. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (40-45 minutes). In glass measuring cup, combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Microwave (HIGH) until sugar dissolves (about 30 seconds). Stir in flavorings. Spoon warm topping on warm loaves. Cool on wire rack.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.