- Wash 2 (1-quart) or 4 (1-pint) mason jars and lids in hot, soapy water; rinse and let air dry.
- Mix cut veggies in one bowl. Mix all dry spices in another small bowl.
- Split serrano peppers in half, so you have 4 pieces total.
- Tightly pack the cut vegetables into the two mason jars.
- Divide the mixed spices, serrano peppers, garlic and dill between the two jars, layering them with the veggies in such a way that they are evenly spread out among the jars.
- In a medium saucepan, heat honey, salt, vinegar and water to create a brine.
- Once boiling, pour the brine mixture into the jars (this works well in the sink).
- Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Let cool on the counter on a protective towel for a few hours and then transfer to the refrigerator. Leave 24 hours before tasting.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.