- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine lettuce, cheese, onions, olives, and tomatoes in large salad bowl.
- To make dressing, combine avocado, lemon juice, sour cream, oil, sugar, garlic salt, and chili powder; mix until smooth. This may be done in a blender.
- Toss salad with dressing and add crushed chips last.
- Reduced Sodium: Use low-salt cheese. Omit olives. For the dressing, use garlic powder instead of garlic salt. Omit tortilla chips. 67 mg sodium per serving.
- Reduced Calorie: Omit olives. Use low-fat cheese. For the dressing, use 3/4 cup buttermilk in place of sour cream. Use 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, and 3/4 teaspoon chili powder. 134 calories per serving.
- Diabetic exchange (for original recipe): 1 vegetable exchange & 1 starch exchange &
3 1/2 fat exchanges.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.