- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 loaf Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Italian Baguette
- 1 package mixed fresh herbs, available in produce department
- 1 package edible flowers, available in produce department
As beautiful as they are tasty.
- Trim bread into 1/4-inch slices, then cut into triangles. Place triangles on baking sheet and toast in 350 F oven until light golden brown (about 12-15 minutes). Remove and cool on rack. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chives, mustard and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Choose the best looking flowers and herbs from packages. Assemble the canapés by spreading the cream cheese mixture over the toasted bread. Arrange flower and herb petals into attractive shapes on the canapés.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.