- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand to soften; dissolve over heat.
- Add onion, lemon juice and salt; cool.
- Combine mixture with mayonnaise and blend well.
- Drain cucumber and add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Fold in parsley and whipped cream.
- Lightly oil a 1 quart mold and fill with cucumber mixture. Chill until firm
Serve on crisp salad greens.
- Reduced Sodium: Omit salt. 19 mg sodium per serving.
- Reduced Cholesterol/Reduced Calorie: Use diet mayonnaise. Omit cream; freeze 1/2 cup evaporated milk until ice crystals form, then whip and use in place of whipped cream. 8 mg cholesterol per serving. 104 calories per serving.
- Diabetic exchange ( for reduced cholesterol/reduced calorie recipe): 1/2 vegetable exchange and 4 fat exchanges per serving.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.