These crab cakes can be made up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerated. For extra easy crab cakes, purchase them in our seafood department and top with the Melon Salsa.
- In large bowl, combine crab meat and ½ cup panko bread crumbs; pour remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs into shallow dish.
- In small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients; gently fold into crabmeat mixture.
- With hands, shape mixture into 8 patties, ¾ inch thick and 2 ½ inches in diameter (about ⅓ cup mixture). Place each patty in bread crumbs, turning to lightly coat both sides. Arrange on large plate; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- To Serve: In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add crab cakes; cook until golden (5-6 minutes per side). Serve with Melon Salsa.
- Melon Salsa: In medium bowl, combine 1 cup diced cantaloupe, ¼ cup diced cucumber, ¼ cup diced red pepper, 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon sliced green onion, 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon salt and dash coarse ground black pepper. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.