- 1 loaf Italian pizza bread dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 pound Roma Tomatoes, (4-5), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12-14 basil leaves, rolled and cut into thin strips, divided
A traditional Italian pizza.
- Thaw dough in refrigerator overnight. Divide in half; reserve one half for a second pizza. Cover other half with plastic wrap; warm to room temperature. Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over 13-inch pizza pan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cornmeal. Transfer dough to pizza pan; sprinkle with remaining cornmeal; let rest 3-4 minutes. Stretch dough evenly from center to cover pan. Drizzle remaining olive oil over dough; sprinkle with minced garlic and sea salt. Cover dough with sliced tomatoes in a circular pattern. Arrange mozzarella evenly over tomatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan, top with half of basil strips. Bake in a preheated 450 F oven until crust is golden brown (20-25 minutes). Remove from oven; top with remaining basil strips. Cut pizza into 8 wedges; serve immediately.
- Tips: A pizza stone may be used for a crisper crust. Follow manufacturer's instructions for times and temperatures.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.