- large zipper closure food storage bag
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 6-8 flour tortillas, 8 inch
Marinate Ahead Grilled or broiled.
- Combine first 6 ingredients, add chicken. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade, reserve marinade.
- To Grill: Combine onion and peppers in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Heat marinade to boiling. Grill onion-pepper packet and chicken 5 inches from medium coals for 10 minutes. Turn and baste chicken with reserved marinade until juices run clear (15-17 minutes). Remove chicken, slice diagonally into strips; cover with foil to keep warm. Wrap tortillas in foil, add to grill; continue heating foil packets until vegetables are tender and tortillas are heated through (about 10 minutes).
- To Broil: Broil chicken 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes; turn, broil until juices run clear (4-5 minutes). Slice diagonally into strips; cover with foil to keep warm. In large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil; stir-fry onion and peppers until crisp-tender (4-5 minutes). Stir in chicken strips; heat through.
- To Serve: Fill warmed tortillas with chicken strips, onion-pepper mixture and toppings. Roll, serve immediately.
- sour cream
- shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.