- 5 cans whole green chili peppers, 4 ounce
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, divided, 1.25 ounce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package shredded Monterey Jack cheese, (2 cups), 8 ounce
- 1 package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, (2 cups), 8 ounce
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1 can evaporated milk, 12 ounce
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 can tomato sauce, 15 ounce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- sour cream
- - toasted slivered almonds
Toppings add finishing touch.
- Split chili peppers lengthwise, remove seeds; pat dry. In heavy skillet, saute ground beef with onion and garlic; drain. Stir in 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 tablespoons taco mix and salt. Arrange half the chili peppers, single layer, in greased 9x13-inch glass baking dish; top with beef mixture and another layer of chili peppers. Sprinkle cheeses over chili peppers. In small bowl, combine eggs, milk and flour; pour over cheeses. Stir in 2 teaspoons cumin and remaining taco mix into tomato sauce, spread evenly over milk layer. Bake in a preheated 325 F oven until bubbly (about 50 minutes). Accompany with sour cream, raisins and almonds.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.