Hickory smoked flavored ribs.
- Allow 1 pound loin back ribs per person; 3/4 pound country style loin ribs per person. Cut into serving pieces; remove any excess fat. Place in large skillet or Dutch oven; pour 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bottle liquid smoke and 2 cups water over ribs. Cover and steam over moderate heat 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- To Grill: Grill drained ribs 3 inches from moderate coals 20 minutes, turning once. Brush with Barbecue Sauce (below), continue grilling until ribs are done (20-30 minutes), basting often with sauce.
- To Rotisserie: Lace or weave drained ribs onto rotisserie rod, balancing ribs for even cooking and turning; secure ends with holding forks. Arrange medium-hot coals at back of fire box; place drip pan under ribs. Cook ribs until done (about 1 hour), basting often with sauce.
- To Bake: Arrange drained ribs single layer in shallow baking pan. Spread with sauce. Bake, covered, in a preheated 325 F oven until tender (about 1 hour).
- Barbecue Sauce: In sauce pan, combine 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar, simmer 15 minutes.