Yellow Curry Chicken Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup Lotus Foods Organic Forbidden Black Rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, medium dice
- 4 tablespoons L&B Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into 1" florets
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 cups L&B Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 each green onions, sliced
- 2 each ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and sliced into long strips
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Recipe by Janan Juliff, FoodE Expert, Lunds & Byerlys Nokomis
Heat oven to 400 F.
Rinse rice, stir in 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil and cook according to package directions.
On baking sheet, lay out squash and onions and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, making sure the vegetables are well coated. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir then add broccoli florets, sliced cabbage, shredded carrots, and red bell pepper. Drizzle additional vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season the entire pan of vegetables with salt and pepper. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven.
Divide the rice, cooked vegetables, and rotisserie chicken into 4 bowls. Drizzle with L&B Yellow Curry Sauce, and top with cilantro leaves and sliced green onions.
When ready to serve, divide the avocado slices around the outside of the bowls. Lightly drizzle with sesame oil followed by sesame seeds and flaky sea salt.