Wild Rice Waldorf Salad
- 1 (8ounce) can pineapple tidbits in own juice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced (2 cups)
- 2 Red Delicious apples, diced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
A holiday favorite from “The Best of Byerly’s” Cookbook
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon of juice
- Combine pineapple, wild rice, apples, celery and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Stir reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients together until sugar is dissolved.
- Fold dressing into salad. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
Feel free to substitute your favorite apples!
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.