Wild Rice Salad
Servings:*12 1/2 cup servings
- 1.5 cups wild rice
- 1.5 teaspoons Salt
- 6 cups Water
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions including some tops
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh or 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Using fresh herbs is worth the effort.
- Rinse wild rice under running water in a strainer or bowl of water; drain. Place wild rice in a heavy saucepan with salt and water. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, until kernels are open and tender (55-60 minutes). Rinse under cold water, drain well. Transfer to large bowl, stir in green onion, celery and almonds. In small bowl, whisk oils into vinegar, 1 drop at a time; stir in thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour over rice mixture, toss lightly. Serve chilled.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.