Wild Rice Omelet
- 1 package hollandaise sauce mix, 0.9 ounce
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup hot cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup fancy shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices bacon, fried crisp, crumbled
Wild rice is actually the seed of an aquatic grass that grows abundantly in the cold lake waters of northern Minnesota and Canada.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions; keep warm.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper. In an 8 inch omelet pan or skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook until mixture thickens, lifting cooked portions around edges to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Combine wild rice, cheese and bacon; sprinkle over half of omelet. With a spatula, fold omelet in half. Slide onto warmed plate. Pour ½ cup hollandaise sauce over omelet (refrigerate remaining sauce). Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.