Wild Rice 'N Artichoke Salad
- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, including tops
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
A Do-Ahead A unique flavor combination.
- Rinse wild rice under running water using a strainer or in a bowl of water; drain. Place wild rice in Dutch oven with salt and water. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, until kernels are open and tender but not mushy (45-55 minutes). Drain excess liquid, rinse under cold water; drain well. In medium bowl, stir Italian dressing into rice. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.