Wild Rice & Bean Bowls
These hearty bowls are packed with flavor and make a wonderful vegetarian meal.
Preparation time: 1 hour and 30 minutes, including wild rice cook time
For the beans:
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic cannellini beans
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
For the wild rice mixture:
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale, including stems, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Lunds & Byerlys Wild Rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Sunflower Seeds, roasted and salted
Optional additional toppings:
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Zing! Lunds & Byerlys Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Put beans with their liquid and ½ cup of water in a small pot with the rosemary and garlic. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and you have a creamy white bean mixture.
- Sauté parsley, leeks, kale and shiitakes on medium heat in olive oil with ¼ teaspoon of salt for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wild rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve beans alongside wild rice. Top with sunflower seeds and any of the optional toppings listed above.
220 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium:
430mg Carbohydrate: 30g Fiber: 7g Sugars: 3g Protein: 10g
content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations.
Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available
information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please
consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal