Wild Rice and Bean Bowl
- 15 oz can organic cannelini beans
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- WILD RICE MIXTURE
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks - white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale, including stems, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Lunds and Byerlys wild rice, cooked, prepared according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons Lunds and Byerlys sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- Put beans with their liquid and ½ cup of water in a small pot with the rosemary, and garlic. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and you have a creamy white bean mixture.
- Sauté parsley, leeks, kale and shitakes on medium heat in olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon of salt for 5 minutes. Stir in wild rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve beans alongside wild rice. Top with sunflower seeds and any optional toppings below.
Optional toppings: Sliced cherry tomatoes, capers, Zing! Lunds & Byerlys Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning, your favorite hot sauce.