Wild Rice and Bean Bowl
- 15 oz can organic cannelini beans
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- WILD RICE MIXTURE
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks - white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale, including stems, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Lunds and Byerlys wild rice, cooked, prepared according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons Lunds and Byerlys sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- Put beans with their liquid and ½ cup of water in a small pot with the rosemary, and garlic. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and you have a creamy white bean mixture.
- Sauté parsley, leeks, kale and shitakes on medium heat in olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon of salt for 5 minutes. Stir in wild rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve beans alongside wild rice. Top with sunflower seeds and any optional toppings below.
- Calories: 220 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 430mg Carbohydrate: 30g Fiber: 7g Sugars: 3g Protein: 10g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional toppings: Sliced cherry tomatoes, capers, Zing! Lunds & Byerlys Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning, your favorite hot sauce.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.