Weeknight Skillet Shrimp & Veggies
garlicky shrimp dinner cooks up in a snap, making it a great go-to weeknight
meal. If you want to save time and kick the heat up, just pick up our Butchers Kitchen Dragon Breath Shrimp Skewers, which are marinated with sesame oil, Louisiana Fireball Cajun Spice Blend, Tabasco Sauce, garlic, cumin, poblano peppers, dried Arbol peppers and red pepper flakes. They come seasoned and ready to grill! Look for them in the Meat & Seafood department and skip Step 2 in the directions below.
Preparation time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, thawed if frozen,
peeled and deveined (tail shells removed)*
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook shrimp in hot oil over medium-high heat
for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until shrimp are
opaque, turning occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside.
- Carefully add wine and asparagus to hot skillet. Cover and cook 2 to 3
minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp, green onions and wild rice to skillet; stir to heat
- *If using cooked shrimp, skip Step 1 and add cooked shrimp as directed in Step 4.