Watercress Berry Salad with Exclamation Sauce
This delicious, refreshing salad features sweet, juicy
berries and a tangy homemade sauce. Pairs perfectly with grilled salmon.
- 2 tablespoons Nishiki Rice Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Greek Gods Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 large bunches (6-7 ounces) watercress, trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 cups berries (strawberries quartered,
- To marinate the red onions, whisk rice
vinegar, salt and sugar. Stir to dissolve salt and sugar. Toss with sliced
onions. Let marinate for 1-2 hours in refrigerator.
- For the exclamation sauce, whisk yogurt
and olive oil together. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, gently rinse and
dry watercress in salad spinner. In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil
and dill. Just before serving add watercress, berries and onion mixture and
toss gently. Divide between 3 plates and spoon a dollop (about 2-3 tablespoons)
of the exclamation sauce on the side of each plate.
Calories: 240 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 200mg Carbohydrate: 22g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 14g Protein:
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a
registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and
measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe
represent values based on the best available information. This information is
not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet
recommendations specific to your personal needs.