Wasabi Pea Crusted Salmon with Orange Broccoli
This easy 30-minute meal is bursting with flavor and good-for-you superfoods!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
For the salmon:
¼ cup wasabi peas
¼ cup sesame seeds (a mix of black and white looks beautiful)
2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
1 ½ tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil (divided)
4 (4-ounce) fillets Responsibly Sourced skin-on wild salmon
For the broccoli:
1 tablespoon Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
2 teaspoons slivered garlic
¾ pound broccoli, washed, trimmed and cut into florets
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Wasabi Mayo
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Blend wasabi peas briefly in a food processor until ground but with some coarsely crushed pieces.
- Mix wasabi peas with sesame seeds, lime zest and 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Generously oil a rimmed baking sheet with remaining oil. Arrange salmon filets, skin side down, on baking sheet.
- Mound the ground wasabi pea and sesame seed mixture on top; roast for 10 minutes or until salmon is opaque in the center.
- While salmon is roasting, heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Raise the heat to medium-high; add broccoli, orange zest, orange juice and sea salt.
- Cover pan and let steam on medium-high for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green.
- Serve salmon and broccoli with Chosen Foods Avocado Wasabi Mayo on the side.