Warm Sweet Potato Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 strips Nueske's® Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup dried raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup salted pepitas, toasted
A delightful blend of many of New England’s finest ingredients.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in blender. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in oil until smooth. Set aside. Prepare two shallow pans for roasting potatoes by covering bottom of pans with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray. In one pan, add sweet potatoes tossed with 1 tablespoon canola oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In second pan, add Yukon Gold potatoes tossed with 1 teaspoon canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast in a preheated 425 F oven until potatoes are tender (about 25 minutes for sweet potatoes and 20 minutes for Yukon Gold potatoes). Meanwhile, sauté bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels and crumble bacon. When potatoes are tender, spoon into serving bowl and toss with cranberry vinaigrette, bacon, onion, raisins and cranberries. Garnish with pepitas. Serve warm.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.