Vermont Maple Crunch Baked Apples
A simple dessert that comes together quickly and yields impressive results! Wondering which apples to use? Check out our handy Apple Guide.
- 6 small firm apples, cored
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup chopped pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup apple cider
- Arrange apples in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold apples without touching.
- Combine maple syrup, granola, dates, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Spoon mixture into apples and scatter the rest into baking dish.
- Dot each apple with butter and pour in apple cider; cover tightly.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and baste.
- Bake, uncovered, until tender but not mushy (about 10 minutes longer), basting often with juices.