- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup fresh green beans, finely chopped
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 package pot sticker wrappers
- dumpling press
- bamboo steamer
- parchment paper
A Chinese dim sum treat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add green beans; stir fry until crisp tender (2-3 minutes). Stir in crumbled tofu and mushrooms; stir-fry (1 1/2-2 minutes). Stir in green onions, tamari and sesame oil; stir-fry (1 1/2 - 2 minutes). Cool.
- To Assemble: Place pot sticker wrapper in center of 4-inch nonstick plastic press. Spoon 2 teaspoons mixture in center of wrapper. Moisten edge with water before pressing to seal. Place pot sticker on lightly floured baking pan and cover with damp paper towels. Continue assembling remaining pot stickers. May be assembled and refrigerated, covered, serveral hours or frozen up to 2 weeks. Thaw completely before cooking.
- To Cook: Line a bamboo steamer with parchment paper. half fill a medium wok with water, bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Arrange filled dumplings in steamer, cover; place bamboo steamer over boiling water. Steam 10 minutes, adding more boiling water to wok if necessary. Carefully lift steamer off wok; remove dumplings. Serve hot with soy sauce.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.