- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, 32 ounce
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 4 (4 ounce) packages shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Layers of goodness.
- Heat oil in large skillet, saute next 5 ingredients over medium heat until vegetables are tender (7-10 minutes). Stir in next 6 ingredients; simmer over low heat about 10 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss oil into noodles; set aside. Beat eggs into ricotta cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup sauce mixture on bottom of 9x13" pan; cover with half of the noodles. Spread with half of the ricotta, half of spinach, half of Monterey Jack cheese and half of sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven until bubbly in center (45-50 minutes). Let stand 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Tips: Can be made ahead; refrigerate, covered. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven about 1 hour.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.