Veal Scaloppine with Dolcetto Sauce
- 2 pounds veal cutlets
- pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 12 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Dolcetto wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, (optional)
Serve with Risotto Milanese and Broccolini for a wonderful entree.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper; dredge both sides with flour. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Saute half of cutlets 1 1/2-2 minutes on each side (depending on thickness). Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter, 1 tablespoon oil, and cutlets. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Saute onions and garlic over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; continue sauteing for 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine and thyme; cook over medium-low heat until wine is reduced by half (about 7-10 minutes).
- To Serve: Fan cutlets on heated platter; top with sauce. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Tips: Scaloppine and sauce may be kept warm in a low oven up to 30 minutes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.