Twice Baked Potatoes
- 10 medium russet potatoes
- 1 8 ounce carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese, or Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion including some tops
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- melted margarine or butter
Terrific do-ahead dish for holiday and party menus.
- Scrub potatoes; rub with shortening for softer skins (optional). Prick with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until tender (50-60 minutes). Cool potatoes 10 minutes. Cut thin slice off top of each potato; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shell intact. In large bowl, mash potato pulp with hand potato masher to remove most lumps. Beat in sour cream, cheese, onions, parsley, salt, 2 tablespoons margarine and milk with potato masher until combined and fluffy; spoon into potato shells. Brush potato skin with melted margarine. Refrigerate, covered.
- To Reheat: Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 425 F oven until golden and heated through (20-25 minutes).
- To Freeze: Arrange in pan covered with heavy duty foil; freeze.
- To Reheat: Place frozen potatoes in refrigerator 36 hours before baking to completely defrost. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 425 F oven until golden and heated through (20-25 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.