Turkey Wild Rice Burgers
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 6 patties. Prepare grill. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange patties on grill rack 4-5 inches over medium coals. Grill, covered, until cooked through (10-12 minutes), turning once. Serve immediately on buns topped with your favorite mustard and tomato slices (optional).
To prepare wild rice, rinse 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice;drain. In heavy saucepan, bring rice, 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until tender (about 40 minutes). Drain, if necessary. One-half cup uncooked wild rice equals about 2 cups cooked rice. Use 1/2 cup in turkey burgers and freeze remaining for later use.