Turkey Pasta Salad
- 2 cups smoked cooked turkey, cut in 1/2
- 4 cups cooked pasta, (8 oz. dry)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, or red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine cubed turkey, cooked pasta, fresh pepper, green onion, and tomatoes. Make dressing by combining the following ingredients in a container, cover tightly, and shake until thoroughly mixed: 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt 1/3 cup buttermilk 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon celery seed 4 drops hot red pepper sauce 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder Pour dressing over turkey mixture, stir gently & serve.
Recipe Adjustments for Turkey Pasta Salad:
Select diet; follow recipe using substitutions below:
Reduced Sodium: No changes.
Reduced Cholesterol: No changes.
Reduced Calorie: Reduce portion size to 1/6 of recipe. 302 calories per serving.
Diabetic Exchange (for original recipe): 3 meat exchanges, 2 starch exchanges & 1 fat exchange per serving.