Turkey Minestrone Soup
- 1 meaty turkey carcass
- 10 cups water
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -14.5 ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 - 15.5 ounce cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 - 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- ½ teaspoons salt, (optional)
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup broken uncooked spaghetti
- 1 - 16 ounce package frozen Italian green beans
- In large Dutch oven, combine first 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Remove meat and bones from broth; cool. Remove turkey meat from bones; discard bones. Chop turkey into bite-size pieces. Strain broth; return broth and turkey to Dutch oven.
Stir in next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in spaghetti and green beans; continue cooking until potatoes and pasta are tender (about 10 minutes).