Turkey Minestrone Soup
Servings:*12 1.5 cups
- 1 meaty turkey carcass
- 10 cups Water
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 145 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 155 oz can Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broken uncooked spaghetti
- 1 16 oz package frozen Italian green beans
- In large Dutch oven, combine first 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Remove meat and bones from broth; cool. Remove turkey meat from bones; discard bones. Chop turkey into bite-size pieces. Strain broth; return broth and turkey to Dutch oven.
- Stir in next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in spaghetti and green beans; continue cooking until potatoes and pasta are tender (about 10 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.