9 months ago
Turkey Enchiladas with Chipotle Salsa
This Mexican specialty features the bold flavor of chipotle chiles.
Preparation time: 1
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Ground
Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles,
- 1 (16-ounce) package Mexican-blend cheese,
- 4 cups cooked and shredded rotisserie
turkey (Tip: Look for ready-to-eat rotisserie turkey in our deli!)
- 2 (16-ounce) jars chipotle salsa, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
Optional toppings, for serving: sour cream,
cilantro, sliced black olives, sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in large
skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, ground chipotle and oregano;
cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Removed from heat and
stir in sour cream, green chiles, 3 cups cheese, turkey and ½ cup chipotle salsa.
- Spray 9×13-inch baking
dish with cooking spray and spread ½ cup of chipotle salsa on the
bottom of the dish.
- Divide turkey mixture
onto the center of the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas
and arrange seam-side down in prepared baking pan.
- Spoon remaining chipotle salsa over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with
- Bake enchiladas,
uncovered, until heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with desired
toppings and serve.