2 years ago
Turkey Enchiladas with Chipotle Salsa
This Mexican specialty features the bold flavor of chipotle chiles.
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 4 cups cooked and shredded rotisserie turkey (Tip: Look for ready-to-eat rotisserie turkey in our deli!)
- 2 (16-ounce) jars chipotle salsa, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
Optional toppings, for serving: sour cream, cilantro, sliced black olives, sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, ground chipotle and oregano; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Removed from heat and stir in sour cream, green chiles, 3 cups cheese, turkey and ½ cup chipotle salsa.
- Spray 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread ½ cup of chipotle salsa on the bottom of the dish.
- Divide turkey mixture onto the center of the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and arrange seam-side down in prepared baking pan.
- Spoon remaining chipotle salsa over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake enchiladas, uncovered, until heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve.