- 4 strips bacon
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoons L&B Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Onion Powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- Blackberry Barbecue Sauce:
- ¼ cup smoky barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 teaspoon L&B Balsamic Vinegar
Cook 8 strips of bacon to package instructions.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, egg, panko breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, salt and black pepper, and mix until incorporated.
Divide the turkey burger mixture into 4 portions, 6- to 7-ounces each, and form them into even patties, about 4 inches around.
To make the Blackberry Barbecue Sauce: In a medium bowl, mix the smoky barbecue sauce, blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar until incorporated.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan to high heat, then lightly oil the grill pan with grapeseed oil.
Place the turkey burger patties on the pan, leaving about 1 inch between each patty.
Grill the burgers for 3 minutes, then rotate them 90 degrees and grill for 3 minutes more.
Flip the burgers, and repeat step 7.
Add 1 slice of cheddar cheese to each burger, then cover and cook for 3 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
To assemble the burgers: place 1 grilled burger on the bottom of a toasted bun and top with 2 strips of bacon, a slice of tomato, sliced red onions, a pinch of arugula and 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
Serve hot and enjoy!