Turkey burgers have a tendency to be dry, but not these! We added egg and breadcrumbs so they won’t end up like bland turkey burgers of the past. We also topped them with a couldn’t-be-easier, sweet-tangy Blackberry Barbecue Sauce to brighten the whole thing up.
Our Turkey Burgers only take half an hour to prep and cook, so you can make them on busy weeknights — or anytime you’d rather spend more time around the dinner table than in the kitchen. Pair them with a crispy salad or some sweet potato fries for a delicious, family-favorite meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
8 strips bacon
1 ½ pounds ground turkey
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon L&B Garlic Powder
¼ teaspoon L&B Onion Powder
1 egg, beaten
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon L&B Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
4 slices white cheddar cheese
4 whole wheat buns, toasted
1 tomato, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 cup loosely packed arugula
Blackberry Barbecue Sauce:
¼ cup smoky barbecue sauce
¼ cup seedless blackberry jam
1 teaspoon L&B Balsamic Vinegar
- Cook 8 strips of bacon to package instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, egg, panko breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, salt and black pepper, and mix until incorporated.
- Divide the turkey burger mixture into 4 portions, 6- to 7-ounces each, and form them into even patties, about 4 inches around.
- To make the Blackberry Barbecue Sauce: In a medium bowl, mix the smoky barbecue sauce, blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar until incorporated.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan to high heat, then lightly oil the grill pan with grapeseed oil.
- Place the turkey burger patties on the pan, leaving about 1 inch between each patty.
- Grill the burgers for 3 minutes, then rotate them 90 degrees and grill for 3 minutes more.
- Flip the burgers, and repeat step 7.
- Add 1 slice of cheddar cheese to each burger, then cover and cook for 3 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- To assemble the burgers: place 1 grilled burger on the bottom of a toasted bun and top with 2 strips of bacon, a slice of tomato, sliced red onions, a pinch of arugula and 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!