Turkey & Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 20 ounces enchilada sauce
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, frozen or canned
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, for serving
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until the onions start to soften.
Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt and stir well to combine.
Add the diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, black beans, corn and tortillas and mix well to combine.
Bring the mixture to a light simmer, sprinkle with cheese, stir and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the tortillas soften and the cheese melts.*
Serve topped with green onions and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
*Note: if you cook this in an oven-proof skillet, you can also broil the cheese on top.