Tortellini & Veggie Salad
A robust salad with an Italian accent. Perfect for picnics, barbecues and potlucks.
20 (½-cup) servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus overnight refrigeration time
2 (9-ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¾ cup L&B Olive Oil
¼ cup L&B Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup chopped parsley
1 cup sliced green onion
1 large red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
1 (½-ounce) package fresh basil, snipped
2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups broccoli florets
⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar until emulsified. Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with warm tortellini.
- Stir in parsley, green onions, red pepper, basil and artichokes hearts.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water until bright green (about 1 minute); drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Refrigerate salad and broccoli separately, covered, several hours or overnight.
- To serve, toss Parmesan cheese and broccoli with salad. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.