3 months ago
Tortellini & Veggie Salad
A robust salad with an Italian accent. Perfect for picnics, barbecues and potlucks.
20 (½-cup) servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus overnight refrigeration time
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Lunds & Byerlys Traditional Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 (½-ounce) package fresh basil, snipped
- 2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Combine garlic and salad dressing; toss with warm tortellini.
- Stir in parsley, green onions, red pepper, basil and artichokes hearts.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water until bright green (about 1 minute); drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Refrigerate salad and broccoli separately, covered, several hours or overnight.
- To serve, toss Parmesan cheese and broccoli with salad. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.