Tortellini & Veggie Salad
A robust salad with an Italian accent. Perfect for picnics, barbecues and potlucks.
20 (½-cup) servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus overnight refrigeration time
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup L&B Olive Oil
- ¼ cup L&B Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 (½-ounce) package fresh basil, snipped
- 2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar until emulsified. Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with warm tortellini.
- Stir in parsley, green onions, red pepper, basil and artichokes hearts.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water until bright green (about 1 minute); drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Refrigerate salad and broccoli separately, covered, several hours or overnight.
- To serve, toss Parmesan cheese and broccoli with salad. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.