3 years ago
Tilapia with Balsamic
This light and flavorful fish dinner is
delicious with a green salad and a glass of white wine.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Tuscan Seasoning
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Lunds & Byerlys 12-Year Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 3 pieces
- Rinse tilapia; pat dry with paper towels, season with salt and
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil
and heat until oil shimmers.
- Dredge fillets in flour, add to skillet; cook until light golden
brown (about 3 minutes).
- Gently turn fillets; continue to cook until fish flakes (about 3
to 4 minutes longer).
- Transfer fillets to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Wipe excess oil from
skillet. Add remaining oil to skillet; heat over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and Tuscan
Seasoning; cook until shallots are soft (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add chicken broth and
vinegar to skillet; increase heat to medium high. Bring to a boil; cook 3 to 4
- Stir in butter until
melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over fillets.