Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili puree with garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons Water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- - zipper closure food storage bag
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 serrano chile, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, chopped, 3.5 ounce
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, chopped
- - chopped peanuts
- - shredded coconut, toasted
- - cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Asian Dipping Sauce, below
- - iceberg lettuce leaves
Lettuce wraps are a common afternoon snack in Thailand. Substitute beef, pork, tofu or your favorite vegetables for the chicken if you like.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce, chile puree, sherry, water, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Place chicken slices in food storage bag; pour marinade over chicken and marinate 15 minutes. In another small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and sherry; set aside. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade; stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from skillet; cool slightly. Chop chicken slices into small pieces; set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add onion, green onion, garlic, ginger and chile; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots; continue stir-frying 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Add reserved hoisin sauce mixture; coninute stir-frying until chicken is heated through. Transfer to heated serving bowl.
- To Serve: Place peanuts, coconut, cucumber and Asian Dipping Sauce (below) in separate serving bowls. Serve chicken mixture with lettuce leaves and condiments, allowing guests to create their own lettuce wraps.
Asian Dipping Sauce: In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup lite soy sauce, 1/3 cup water, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot, 2 teaspoons minced garlic and 1 teaspoon sugar.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.