Tex Mex Sloppy Joes
Servings:*8 sloppy Joe sandwiches
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tube NatureSource Ground Natural Angus Beef, 2 pound
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained, 15.25 ounce
- 1 can tomato sauce, 15 ounce
- 1 can La Preferida Mild Diced Green Chilies, 4 ounce
- 1 package hamburger buns, 8 count
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onions are soft (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in ground beef, cumin, chili powder, salt and chipotle powder; breaking up beef with side of spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink (5-7 minutes).
- Stir in corn, tomato sauce and chilies; simmer until thickens slightly (6-8 minutes).
- Spoon 1/2 cup sloppy Joe mixture on bottom half of each bun; cover with top half of each bun.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.