Teriyaki Tempeh Pita
- 12 oz pkg Westsoy original tempeh, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Eden toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Lunds & Byerlys Sesame Kale Salad, (available in deli), chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 12 each Joseph's All Natural Mini Pita Bread
- 1/4 cup Everything Sauce, see additional recipe
- To prepare the tempeh, cut tempeh in half across thickness, then restack and cut in half across length, then cut length in fourths across width. You should have 16 pieces. Place tofu in bread pan. Whisk remaining ingredients for tempeh until combined. Pour over tempeh and gently distribute onto all tempeh pieces. Cover and marinate for 2 hours in refrigerator. Can be marinated overnight.
- Heat skillet on medium high. Spread tempeh out as single layer in sauté pan. Pour any remaining marinate over tempeh. Sauté for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Cool completely.
- To assemble the pita pockets, spread 2 teaspoons of Everything Sauce in pita. Fill with 3 pieces tempeh, approximately 3 tablespoons Kale Salad and 2 tablespoons tomato. Repeat with remaining pitas.
- Calories: 340 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 430mg Carbohydrate: 36g Fiber: 7g Sugars: 4g Protein: 18g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.