1 month ago
In the mood for Mexican, but tired of traditional tacos? Make them in a skillet! This family-friendly dinner only takes minutes to make.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Trail Dust Seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 16 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups corn chips
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chili meat, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, seasoning and rice. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove cover and stir in beans.
- Sprinkle cheese blend on top. Cover and heat over low heat until cheese is melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, olives and green onions. Sprinkle corn chips around edge of skillet.